Information for Producers
BigBarn's mission is to reconnect consumers with their local producers/retailers of local food and encourage trade and communication. This means helping consumers find the story of the food they buy and in the process gain trust in their food and local supplier.
If you are a local producer, or supplier who can tell the story of the food you sell, or would like help to tell it, read on. Or, if you already know about BigBarn and paying for membership click here to complete the form.
BigBarn in brief
BigBarn has been trading for 12 years and gets thousands of visitors per day, to bigbarn.co.uk. Our strategy is to;
- Build the definitive database of local producers and retailers
- Put them all on a map and give each a password to add and edit their details
- Get the BigBarn data on as many other websites as possible, paying each site a commission on trade and advertising
- Provide initiatives to encourage consumers to change from the supermarket to buying local, including; MarketPlace, Cheaper than the supermarket, Crop for the Shop and KIS Cookery
- The BigBarn map and MarketPlace is now on 90+ websites with more joining every week as the demand for better, fresher, cheaper local food & drink grows. Click to see the latest list of websites with our map.
You can have a premium listing (see below for benefits) for as little as £20+VAT every 6 months or trade up to a MarketPlace membership for £45 + VAT every six months, and benefit from an online shop to also be promoted in MarketPlace on BigBarn and all partner websites.
Our partners earn a commission from sales through Marketplace so if you have an online shop it pays them to promote you.
If you would rather talk through the benefits of joining BigBarn call us on 01480 890 970 or to get listed and pay with your credit card now. Click here and complete the form or if already on the map, visit admin here and type in your user name and password.
If you would like to know more about BigBarn first, read on.
BigBarn is social enterprise. We act on behalf of our community's of producers listed and consumers visiting. Unlike other websites from the dot com boom we are not owned by city fat cats or venture capitalists and we cannot be sold unless it is in the best interest of the BigBarn community. For more read our About us page.
The BigBarn map and foody information is free to consumers. We do however need to pay our staff so have set up a premium listing service so that producers pay a little to have a listing on BigBarn and all the other sites that have the BigBarn map.
We believe this is fair and a bigger listing will help to encourage consumers to visit and buy. 80 percent of people say they want to buy local food but only 20 percent actually do. Our mission is to get consumers to make the big change from the supermarket habit to shopping locally. Even if it means changing to local shopping every week and the supermarket once a month.
So if you would like to find local customers sign up now, choose your membership option to fit with your marketing plans, then update your information with your password whenever you want. We will update you with our monthly 'Producer newsletter' including discounts available and promotional opportunities, like our Cheaper than the Supermarket campaign, Crop For The Shop initiative and KIS (Keep it Simple) Cookery Video Channel.
BigBarn Member Benefits
- An icon on the BigBarn map & 90+ partner websites
- A username & password to add and update your listing anytime
- Your website linked from your icon and full Search Engine Optimisation for your business and products
- Your news and special offers included in our local newsletter and home page and soon tweeted
- A copy of our monthly emailed Producer Newsletter with latest news and offers and to remind you to quickly update your listing
- The right to flag your icon in admin with Crop for the Shop or Cheaper than the supermarket flags
- Access to stats to measure return on investment
- Discounts on products and services including; discounted credit card service with Lloyds Cardnet (1.2 percent on credit cards, 15p debit cards) and our courier deal (£6.60+VAT next day up to 25kg)
- Local and national PR opportunities with our many partner websites
- An online shop to link from your icon and website, as well as be promoted in the BigBarn MarketPlace
- The right to join promotions with partner websites including discount codes
£40+vat every year
£45+vat every six months (£90+vat/year) , all the above and:
*To reduce costs and save time all payments can be made on line in our admin system by credit card. Payments are taken by Futurepay, and like a standing order, the fee is taken from your card every 6 months unless cancelled. We will email warnings of the payments and after each payment a VAT invoice will be as emailed from our office.
If you are a registered Charity or think you should not pay to be on the BigBarn, or for an alternative way to pay, or for more information and help in admin, simply call us on 01480 890 970.
Discounts Currently Available to Members
We want to save our members more than they pay us. Here is the list of discounts we currently offer. New ones will be added to this page and included in our Producers Newsletter.
Reduce your costs
- Lloyds Cardnet; Get special rates on credit and debit cards
- O21 Courier rate of £6.60+VAT nation wide, overnight, up to 20kg
BigBarn have partnered up with Lloyds Cardnet to reduce your credit and debit card processing.
BigBarn membership will give rates of 1.2 percent on Credit Cards and 15p debit cards.
No set up fees or minimum monthly turnover charge.
For more details call BigBarn 01480 890 970.
O21 Courier Deal
O21 Courier rate of £6.60+VAT nation wide, overnight, up to 20kg.
We have recognised that setting up a courier deal is very difficult and extremely costly for small infrequent orders. BigBarn members can take advantage of this special rate whatever you order numbers.
For sign up forms and more details call BigBarn on 01480 890 970.
We have noticed that gas, electricity and phone bills seem to change and most of our members are to busy to keep track and research the best deals. To help we have enlisted an expert who tracks changes and will advise on the best deals, not just when you first make contact, but every time any of your contracts come up for renewal. Call us on 01480 890 970 for contact details. We will be surprised if you don't save more than your BigBarn membership fee.