Latest news from Big Barn and our producers.
When will this Covid19 Lockdown/restrictions end? We are all asking.
Will our stadiums, restaurants and pubs ever be full again?
Experts say that as we all live closer together, live longer, and our natural immunity drops due to bad diet, this virus may continue for some time.
Or be replaced by another even worse disease. Sorry.
Was all this lockdown and quick vaccine production, practice for the next, more deadly, virus?
For more on the cause of this pandemic, and perhaps the next, here is a very good video:
If we want to change this miserable prospect we must:
1. Stop factory farming where the stressed animals provide the perfect environment for the next virus to mutate and evolve.
2. Stop low grade foods coming in to this country, like chlorinated chicken. Blog here.
3. Only buy meat from mixed sustainable farms where animals are helping regenerate soils or where the animals are a part of the natural ecosystem
4. I hate to say it but laboratory produced burgers and ‘chicken’ are better than factory farmer meat!
5. Cut back on processed food and eat more veg and pulses to improve your gut biome and natural immunity
6. Try fermenting foods by making sourdough bread or Kimchi to boost your gut bacteria and immunity Previous blog here
7. Grow your own food or join a local group or allotment
8. Get the next generation knowledgable about food by getting food growing, cooking & nutrition on the curriculum Blog here
To beat these viruses we must change and evolve. Please use our Local Food Map to find better fresher food and encourage more local food production. Or grow food at home or at school and Crop for your Local shop.
If you have any more points for this list or comment please feedback below.