You can use the recipe search box below to find some tasty new recipes.
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190C, 350-375F.
2. Place the lamb on a chopping board and make several slits all over the joint.Season. Divide the rosemary into smaller sprigs and use to stuff the joint with the garlic.
3. Put the onions in a large non-stick roasting tin and place the joint on top of the onions, arrange the potatoes around the joint and toss in the olive oil and white wine. Open roast for the preferred calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any meat juices, tossing the potatoes if necessary.
4. In a small bowl mix together the blackberries, honey, lime zest and juice, gently mash and set aside.
5. One hour before the end of the cooking time smear the blackberry mixture over the joint and return to the oven. Cover the joint with foil during cooking if browning too quickly.
6. Remove the joint and vegetables from the oven, transfer to a warmed plate, wrap loosely in foil and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
Preparation time: 1 0-15 minutes
Medium: 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
Well done: 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes
Ingredients:1 x 1.3kg/3lb lean whole lamb leg joint
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
2 fresh rosemary sprigs
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and cut into slivers
3 red onions, peeled and cut into small wedges
30ml/2tbsp olive oil
150ml/ºpint white wine
900g/2lb red potatoes, skin on and cut into wedges
100g/4oz fresh blackberries
30ml/2tbsp runny honey
Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
Blackberry and Honey Gravy:
15ml/1tbsp plain flour
600ml/1pint good, hot lamb stock