You can use the recipe search box below to find some tasty new recipes.
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200C,400F.
2. Prepare the sticky marinade; in a large shallow bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add the steaks and coat in the marinade mixture. Cover and chill for 2 hours or ideally overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Place the chops on a metal rack in a non-stick roasting tin and bake for 35-40 minutes, turning once, or on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. Meanwhile prepare the chutney; place all the ingredients in a large stainless steel pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the fruit is soft.
5. Remove from the heat and pour into a sterilised jar.
6. Serve the lamb with the chutney, saute potatoes and wilted spinach.
The chutney will keep for 1 week and works well with beef too.
6 lean loin chops, cutlets or leg steaksSticky Marinade:
30ml/2tbsp white wine vinegar
2.5ml/ 1/2tsp ground nutmeg
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
15ml/1tbsp light brown sugar
60ml/4tbsp plum jam
75ml/5tbsp tomato ketchup
15ml/1tbsp soy sauce, optional
15ml/1tbsp sweet chilli sauce, optionalPlum Chutney
450g/1lb dark plums, stoned and halved
2 eating apples, peeled, cored
and cut into chunks
1 carrot, peeled and grated
50g/2oz Demerara sugar
Pinch ground cloves
100ml/3 1/2floz. white wine vinegar