You can use the recipe search box below to find some tasty new recipes.
1. Heat 15ml (1tbsp) oil in a large pan and cook 450g (1lb) lean minced lamb over a moderate heat for 5-8 minutes until brown.
2. Add 1 stick celery, finely chopped, 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped, 2 carrots, peeled and diced and cook for 5 minutes. Add 1 large sprig of rosemary, finely chopped.
3. Stir in 30ml (2tbsp) plain flour, 30ml (2tbsp) tomato puree, 45ml (3tbsp) Worcestershire sauce, 425ml ( 3/4pt) lamb stock and seasoning. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat. Add one can approx. 198g of sweetcorn, drained.
4. Spoon the mixture into a 1.2L (2pt) ovenproof dish or four 300ml ( 1/2pt) individual dishes.
5. Meanwhile, place 75g (3oz) plain wholemeal flour and 75g (3oz) plain flour into a large bowl. Rub in 75g (3oz) butter, cubed until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in 100g (4oz) mature Cheddar cheese, grated and 30-45ml (2-3tbsp) freshly chopped chives.
6. Bake the crumble for 25-30 minutes if using one dish, or for 15-20 minutes if using four dishes, until bubbling.
Eat.Serve with new potatoes and green vegetables.
Time to cook: Approximately 25-30 minutes
Oven temperature: Gas mark 4-5, 180-190∫C,
Lean minced lamb
Plain wholemeal flour
Mature Cheddar cheese, or similar