You can use the recipe search box below to find some tasty new recipes.
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190C, 350-375F
2. Heat the oil in a large pan or casserole dish and brown the meat on all sides. Transfer to a large casserole dish.
3. Add the garlic, leek or fennel, chopped tomatoes, red wine, rosemary sprigs and sun-dried tomatoes.
4. Cover and cook to the preferred calculated cooking time, basting occasionally.
5. 10-15 minutes before the end of the cooking time, stir in the beans.
6. Serve the lamb with bean mixture, potato and carrot mash and seasonal vegetables.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Medium: 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
Well done: 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes
Ingredients:1 x 1.25kg/2 3/4lb lean, boned, and rolled lamb shoulder joint, tied
15ml/1tbsp sunflower oil
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 large leek or fennel bulb, sliced
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
150ml/ºpint red wine
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
1 x 400g can cannellini or borlotti beans, drained
1 x 400g can flageolet beans, drained.