You can use the recipe search box below to find some tasty new recipes.
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190C, 350-375F.
2. Place the joint on a chopping board and with a sharp knife make several slits over the surface of the joint. In a small bowl mix together 15ml/1tbsp of the olive oil, garlic, spices and seasoning. Spread the mixture over the lamb.
3. Place the joint on a metal rack in a large roasting tin and open roast for the preferred, calculated cooking time.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil with the saffron strands. Add the potatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
5. 30-35 minutes before the end of the cooking time remove the rack with the joint from the tin; spread the potatoes on the base of the tin with the remaining olive oil. Place the joint directly on top of the potatoes.
6. 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time, remove the tin from the oven and brush the lamb generously with the pomegranate molasses.
7. Serve the joint with a combination of roasted saffron potatoes, baby aubergines and red peppers.
If pomegranate molasses is not available, to prepare fresh pomegranates, place on a chopping board and cut into four quarters. Bend back each quarter to expose the bitter pith and membrane. Remove the pink seeds and place the seeds in a large sieve over a bowl, and using the back of a spoon squeeze the juice from the seeds and use to glaze the joint.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Medium: 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
Well done: 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes
1.3kg/3lb lean rolled boneless lamb leg or shoulder joint
30ml/2tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely crushed
15ml/1tbsp ground cinnamon
15ml/1tbsp ground cumin
10ml/2tsp ground coriander
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
Large pinch saffron strands
1kg/2.2lb new potatoes, halved
60ml/4tbsp pomegranate molasses or 2 fresh pomegranates, seeded*