You can use the recipe search box below to find some tasty new recipes.
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190C, 350-375F.
2. Place the joint on a large chopping board. Make
several incisions over the joint and season on both sides with the garlic salt and pepper. Press the chives over the surface of the lamb and into the slits.
3. Place on a metal rack in a large non-stick roasting tin and open roast for the preferred, calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any meat juices. Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
4. 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time mix together the marmalade and Port, brush over the lamb and return to the oven for the remaining cooking time.
5. Serve with seasonal vegetables, the stuffing and roast potatoes.
Replace the lamb leg joint with a whole mutton leg joint when in season from October-March? Roast the mutton leg joint at Gas mark 4, 180C for 40-45 minutes per lb.
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Medium: 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
Well done: 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes
Ingredients:1 x 1.3kg/3lb lean whole lamb leg joint
20ml/2tsp garlic salt
Freshly milled black pepper
60ml/4tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
45ml/3tbsp fine cut Seville orange marmalade