You can use the recipe search box below to find some tasty new recipes.
1. In a shallow bowl mix together the flour, seasoning and sage leaves. Toss the liver in the seasoned flour.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan cook the bacon or pancetta and onions for 3-4 minutes until crispy. Remove and keep warm.
3. In the same pan heat the oil and cook the liver for 1-2 minutes on each side, to seal. Remove the liver from the pan and keep warm with the bacon.
4. Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan and stir in the stock, return the liver and bacon to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Serve with crispy onions, mashed potatoes and carrots.
Due to the high levels of Vitamin A, this recipe is not suitable for pregnant womenTip:
Serve the liver pink on the inside for a succulent texture
Time to prepare: 5 minutes
Time to cook: 9-11 minutesTake450g (1lb) lambís liver, sliced
15ml (1tbsp) plain flour
Salt and pepper
1 small handful fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
175g (6oz) smoked back or streaky bacon, cut into pieces, or pancetta cubes
1 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
5ml (1tsp) olive oil
45ml (3tbsp) good, aged balsamic vinegar
250ml (9floz) hot, good lamb stock