You can use the recipe search box below to find some tasty new recipes.
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190C, 350-375F.
2. Prepare the herb crust: Place all the ingredients except the mustard into a food processor or blender and blend until combined.
3. Place the racks of lamb, fat side up, on a chopping board, and brush the mustard over to apply a good coating.
4. Press a generous handful of the herb crust over the racks.
5. Transfer to a medium-sized roasting tin and roast for the calculated cooking time. Cover the bones with foil if browning too quickly.
6. To make the gravy, heat the butter in a saucepan, sprinkle over the flour and stir well with a small whisk or spoon. Add the Marsala or sherry, stir and bring to the boil and reduce the liquid to half the quantity. Stir in the stock and the redcurrant jelly. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until well-flavoured gravy develops. Season to taste.
7.Slice the racks and serve 2-3 cutlets per person with baby new potatoes and baby asparagus or seasonal green beans.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Medium: 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
Ingredients:2 lean racks of lamb, French trimmedFor the Herb Crust:
90ml/6tbsp freshly chopped parsley, chives or soft thyme leaves
50g/2oz butter, melted
100g/4oz fresh breadcrumbs
Zest of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
5-10ml/1-2tsp English mustardMarsala and Redcurrant Sauce:
15ml/1tbsp plain flour
125ml/4floz Marsala or pale sherry
250ml/9floz hot, good lamb or chicken stock
10-15ml/2-3tsp redcurrant jelly