You can use the recipe search box below to find some tasty new recipes.
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190C, 350-375F.
2. Scatter the thyme leave on a large tray. Unroll the joint (reserving any elasticated meat bands) and coat each side with the thyme leaves. Leave skin side down and season with salt and freshly milled black pepper.
3. Prepare the red pepper and black olive butter; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and spread evenly over the lamb. Roll up and secure with butcherís string or elasticated meat bands.
4. Place the joint on a metal rack in a large non-stick roasting tin, drizzle with the olive oil and roast in a preheated oven for the preferred, calculated cooking time.
5. Serve with roasted red peppers and baby aubergines.
Why not replace the boneless rolled shoulder of lamb joint with a boneless rolled shoulder of mutton joint when in season from October-March? Roast the mutton joint at Gas mark 4, 180C for 40-45 minutes per lb.
If preferred use a jar of prepared mixed roasted peppers.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Medium: 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
Well done: 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes
1 x 1.3kg/3lb lean, boned, and rolled lamb shoulder joint
3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
15ml/1tbsp olive oil
Red Pepper and Black Olive Butter:
100g/4oz unsalted butter, softened
50g/2oz pitted black olives, finely chopped
150g/5 1/2oz prepared roasted red peppers
30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped mint or thyme