You can use the recipe search box below to find some tasty new recipes.
1. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof casserole dish.
2. Meanwhile, place the shanks on a chopping board, make several incisions all over, season well and stuff with the garlic and half the rosemary leaves.
3. Brown the lamb shanks in the dish for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally. Add the onions and celeriac and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the cider or apple juice, cider or white wine vinegar and the remaining rosemary sprigs.
5. Cover the dish with a lid or foil and cook for 2 1/2-3 hours or until the meat falls away from the bone.
Serve with seasonal vegetables and mashed potatoes.
Feeds: 4Time to prepare: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 2 1/2-3 hoursOven temperature: Gas mark 3, 170C, 325FTake
4 lean lamb shanks
15ml (1tbsp) sunflower oil
Salt and pepper
4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
4 large fresh rosemary sprigs
4 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
1 small celeriac, peeled and roughly chopped
450ml ( 3/4pint) scrumpy cider or apple juice
60ml (4tbsp) cider or white wine vinegar