You can use the recipe search box below to find some tasty new recipes.
1. Put the anchovy and herb paste ingredients into a blender and blend to a paste.
2. Place the boned lamb joint in a large shallow dish and make several slits into the joint. Lay flat and spread with the paste. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours for the flavours to develop.
3. Insert 2 long metal or wooden skewers, criss-crossing through the meat.
4. Place directly on the shelf in a preheated oven (place a tray underneath to catch the drips) for about 50-60 minutes, turning frequently.
5. Alternatively, place on a prepared barbecue not too close to the coals for about 55-60 minutes.
EatServe with a lemon and chive potato salad.Tip: Use a rolled lamb shoulder joint as an alternative. If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for 20-30 minutes.
Time to cook: 55-60 minutes
Oven temperature: Gas mark 7, 220C, 425F
Take.1.8kg (4lb) lean lamb leg joint, boned (ask your butcher or meat counter to do this for you)Anchovy and herb paste:
12 anchovy fillets, drained
2 large handfuls flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
Salt and pepper
30ml (2tbsps) balsamic or red wine vinegar