You can use the recipe search box below to find some tasty new recipes.
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190C, 375F.
2. Heat half the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes over moderate heat. Remove from the pan, drain and set aside to cool.
3. Return the pan to the heat and melt the butter. Add the spinach and wilt quickly for 1 minute over a moderate heat, stirring occasionally. Season with the nutmeg, drain and set aside to cool.
4. Place the saddle of lamb on a chopping board, season on both sides, place fat side down. Sprinkle over the rosemary leaves.
5. In a large bowl mix together the spinach, mushroom mixture and soft cheese. Season, if required.
6. Spread over the surface of the saddle, roll up and tie with butcherís string to secure.
7. Place on a metal rack in a non-stick roasting tin, drizzle with the remaining olive oil, add the garlic cloves and sage leave to the base of the roasting tin and roast for 1 1/2 -2 hours, basting occasionally with any lamb juices.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.
9. Serve the lamb with roasted red onions and olive oil mash.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Medium: 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
Well done: 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes
Ingredients:1.3kg/3lb lean boned saddle of lamb, trimmed
30ml/2tbsp olive oil
1 small red onion or 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
100g/4oz mixed or wild mushrooms, cleaned and roughly sliced
1 x 250g pack spinach leaves, picked and rinsed
Large pinch nutmeg
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
1-2 large sprigs fresh rosemary leaves
30-45ml/2-3tbsp full fat garlic and herb flavoured soft cheese
10 fat garlic cloves, skin on and bruised
6 large sage leaves