You can use the recipe search box below to find some tasty new recipes.
1. Place the meat in a large bowl and season well.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the meat in batches for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a clean bowl and add the remaining pie ingredients except the stock.
3. Spoon into a 900ml (1 1/2 pint) ovenproof pie dish or 4 small ovenproof pie dishes and pour over the stock evenly.
4. Prepare the suet pastry: In a large bowl mix together the pastry ingredients. Roll out enough pastry to cover the large dish or individual pie dishes.
5. Brush the pie dish edges with a little water and top with the pastry. Lightly cover with foil and cook in a preheated oven for 2 hours.
6. During the last 15 minutes of cooking remove the foil and return to the oven to brown the pastry. EatServe with seasonal vegetables.Note: This recipe contains nuts.
Time to cook: Approximately 2 hours
Oven temperature: Gas mark 3, 170C, 325F
Take.450g (1lb) lean boneless lamb shoulder, leg or neck fillet, cut into 2.5cm (1inch) cubes
Salt and pepper
15ml (1tbsp) sunflower oil
1 cooking apple, peeled and grated
50g (2oz) currants
Juice of 1 orange
Juice of 1/2 lemon
50g (2oz) ground almonds
2.5ml ( 1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
2.5ml ( 1/2 tsp) ground mace
600ml (1pint) hot, good lamb stockSuet pastry:
300g (10oz) self-raising flour
150g (5oz) light suet
175ml (6floz) cold water