Simply add your details through the link below and get an instant page and icon on the Local Food Map.
As a Community Interest Company, our ‘open’ map is constantly being updated by the individual suppliers and outlets listed and new suppliers joining. The Map is being seen by over 100,000 visitors per month to BigBarn as well as the 100+ partners promoting and sharing the map to thousands more consumers via special code and affiliate software.More partners are joining all the time, so your page is automatically updated on all their websites as you make changes to win more customers. More here
BigBarn’s mission is to build communities around food and help businesses like you become the centre of your local food community.
After 18 years of trading we have 7,000 icons including schools, shops, farmers, pubs, markets and producers. All to create social, local food supply chains that are inclusive and sustainable, and where middle men and food miles, are reduced and food knowledge increased though education and reconnection.
Please sign our Food Growing on the Curriculum petition here.
Our promotions packages include:
A FREE mini icon on the Map. Or contribute a small fee for a comprehensive page for promotion and a wide range of internet and marketing tools. Some of our partners, below, also offer Trade Discounts on products and services to save you more than you pay.
|Your BigBarn options||FREE Mini-listing||Business Listing Start-up, Small or Seasonal||Business Listing||Premium Listing|
|Icon on our Local Food Map
…linking to a BigBarn (SEO’d) webpage*.
|100+ Partner Websites
Your icon & webpage also on 100+ partner websites sporting our Local Food Map.
|Access to our admin system…to make changes to your page, instantly.|
|Option to have an Online Shop, which in turn is promoted in the BigBarn MarketPlace where 19,000 consumers have set up quick pay accounts (Small / Start-up Business – 8% commission : Seasonal Business – 6%).|
|Option to link to your own existing website.|
|Option to join product promotions throughout the year. (e.g. Haggis, Asparagus week, Turkeys for Christmas etc..)|
|Option to add an offer to your page, which is then promoted on the BigBarn home page and the BigBarn newsletter which goes out to 30,000 consumers.|
|Option to add a video to you page to tell your story and win more customers.|
|Option to join Crop for the Shop with a local school or local people, to build your PR and reputation locally.|
|Option to link to your Social Media pages.|
|Trade Discounts on products and services to help you save money.**|
|Option to add video recipes to BigBarn KIS Cookery section, linking to your shop for the ingredients, in turn promoted on BigBarn Social Media.|
|Online shop in MarketPlace commission reduced to 5% (4% if over £1,000 sales in a month).|
|Option to add a Deal of the Day, and / or Taster Offer to be promoted on BigBarn Home page & Social Media.|
|Get your Tweets re-Tweeted to 20,000+ BigBarn foodie followers.|
|Free telephone support, optimisation, internet and marketing advice from the BigBarn team.Learn more about ‘Crop for the Shop’ here…|
|All prices excluding VAT||FREE – Unlimited time||£40.00 per year||£90.00 per year***||£120.00 per year****|
|*||On Mini-listings, other offers and news from within your local area may be seen on your BigBarn page. With Business & Premium Listings, only YOUR offers, news and events will be shown on your BigBarn page. No other posts from your competitors.|
|**||Trade Discounts are according to availability from time to time.|
|***||Business Listing available at £45 per half-year (+ VAT).|
|****||Premium Listing available at £60 per half-yearly (+ VAT).|
BigBarn in brief
BigBarn has been trading for 16 years and gets thousands of visitors per day, to bigbarn.co.uk.
Our strategy is to:
• Build the definitive database of local producers and retailers
• Put them all on a map and give each a password to add and edit their details
• Get the BigBarn data on as many other websites as possible, paying each site a commission on trade and advertising
• Provide initiatives to encourage consumers to change from the supermarkets to buying local, including; BigBarn MarketPlace, cheaper than the supermarkets, ‘Crop for the Shop’ and KIS Cookery.
The BigBarn Food Map including BigBarn MarketPlace is now on 90+ affiliate partner websites with more joining every week as the demand for better, fresher local food & drink grows.
The Premium rate is the equivalent of £2.00 per week. You only need to get one new regular customer through BigBarn per year to more than recovered this fee.
Our partners earn a commission from sales through BigBarn MarketPlace, so if you have an online shop it pays them to promote you.
If you would rather talk through the benefits of joining BigBarn call us on 01480 890 970 or your local partner, or if you are a community organisation or not for profit call us about our community rate.
BigBarn is a Community Interest Company (CIC). Read more…
We want to save our members more than they pay us. Here is the list of Trade Discounts we currently offer. New ones will be added to this page and included in our Producers Newsletter.
Reduce your costs
• InXpress Couriers: Get special rates on couriers, 2-5kg £5.50+vat, 5-20kg, £6.25 (+vat) next day, from 1-20 packages! Call Lewis on 0161 694 7410 for more.
• Annecto UK Ltd: Get special rates and advice on credit and debit cards…Call us on 01480 890 970 for more.
• Insurance discounts: Protect against business risk and reduce costs… Call us on 01480 890 970 for more.
• Bizerba Food Equipment: Thought about cutting the use of plastics? Get the special BigBarn 10% discount on all Retail Equipment, like zero waste scales, slicers, mincers, bone saws call us on 01480 890 970 for more.
• WOOLCOOL Packaging: To get your special 10% off first order BigBarn rate call us on 01480 890 970 for more.
Special priced items you might like to stock:
• Bonnie Yau’s: Get 15% off your first order of Authentic Oriental sauces for members. All-natural, low allergen and vegan. Includes the unique, Free From award-winning Nut Free Thai Satay sauce and Soy-Free Hoi Sin sauce. 10 sauces in the range plus authentic noodles. Call Phil on 07595 167029.
• UK Tea & Coffee: BigBarn members get 15% off their first order. Mad Hatter Tea is a unique, independent brand, offering an array of high-quality teas to both the retail and wholesale markets. As a family-owned, family-run business – with over 35 years of experience in the food and beverages industry. Call us on 01480 890 970 for more.
For full Terms and Conditions click here